Plum Blossom Sangha hosts Days of Mindfulness throughout the year where we come together to restore and nourish ourselves and our practice. We explore a particular theme that arises from our study of one of the Buddha’s teachings.
In 2017-2018, we are studying the Sutra on Knowing the Better Way to Live Alone. Thich Nhat Hanh has written a book about the sutra called Our Appointment with Life: Discourse on Living Happily in the Present Moment.
A typical Day of Mindfulness will include:
- sitting and walking meditation
- a dharma talk on the day’s topic (delivered in-person, via an online meeting platform, or a previously recorded talk delivered by Thich Nhat Hanh or another member of the monastic community)
- a pot-luck, vegetarian/vegan lunch
- Deep Relaxation or another practice to relax and care for our bodies
- dharma sharing
- quiet time for contemplation and relaxation
- community-building through singing and other activities
For the schedule of upcoming Days of Mindfulness, please click here.